Wednesday, May 18, 2005

To date I've received six invitations to join Myspace. Six. Usually I wouldn't care about getting these invitations as I usually delete them, but the fact that the invitations "re-send" or can be resent bugs me. I don't mind the site itself. I'm sure it's great for those that want to use it for whatever reasons (i.e. to re-connect with friends, popularity, sex-trade, cybering, getting stalkers, etc.), but ultimately I think it serves no real purpose. It's like hotornot meets classmates meets e-harmony...three sites I could really care less for--especially since I've been on the first and accrued a 16-year-old cyber stalker; received numerous annoying updates on the second that I can't seem to get rid of; and can't help but think the third is a big scam.

I can't think of any real purpose though. Except reconnecting with people or judging people based on their photos. It has been interesting to see some people on there though. People I hadn't given a second though to, until now.

However, I digress.

Whatever the main purpose the site actually serves, good or bad, is not a concern of mine. And now that I've managed to block all e-mails from Myspace, I'm sure I won't have to worry about them anymore.

Now, I wonder if it's the same for facebook?

6 comments:

Zucchini said...

Facebook's not so bad. XD

Bree said...

hahaha you haven't shown them 'your friend's' facebook page, have you? XD

CREEPY PEOPLE! CREEPY PEOPLE! Something about three semis...I don't know. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ V. It's not that bad. Of course, I don't have myspace, so I really couldn't speak from experience. But you get weirdos everywhere, right?

Blue said...

that was me...

Thister said...

I still think they're basically dating services on crack. But if you find use in them, then that's what matters ;)

Zucchini said...

Facebook's handy for b-day reminders... except I never remember to email people *on* their birthdays, ha ha!

Post a Comment