A lot has happened since I last updated this blog. I have been meaning to update the blog for quite sometime, but I've either been busy writing, packing, moving, or traveling. The last couple of months have been liminal at best, which has made it somewhat difficult to adjust.
In short the following things happened:
- I finished my thesis, defended it, and got it edited.
- I packed up my apartment with the help of my friends.
- I visited the Oregon Coast (see pictures below).
- I visited with family and friends as I traveled across the country to get to North Carolina.
- I found a sweet apartment, but I have no money to furnish it.
- I finished the final edits for my thesis and will be sending everything back to the graduate college so as to finalize all things thesis related.
The good news is that I'm starting to feel more and more comfortable in my new atmosphere. Although the climate and the social atmosphere are a bit different, the adjustment has not been so harsh. In fact, most of the acclimatization has been relatively simple and enjoyable; but almost all of it has been done alone. Hopefully that will change soon with the start of the school year, though.
In the meantime, I'm continuing to learn my way around North Carolina and the campus. I have no doubt that many fun adventures are in store here and I can't wait to see what the future brings.
Here are some pictures from my most recent travels:
I promise to update the more in the following days, weeks, and months; especially as I achieve equipoise in all areas of my life.