Tuesday, June 21, 2005

After doing some in-depth research, I've managed to dig up a few scholarship possibilities to help me pay for things this year and the year after. I never realized that there were so many out there until now. I guess I kind of figured that by my Junior year I'd probably have no scholarships unless the college was giving me some, but that's not the case. And, thankfully, my college has been cool about the scholarships they have given to me. It's made college affordable and manageable without having to take out any loans. Hopefully, with a little luck and some hardcore research and stellar writing on my part, I might be able to continue college this way.

It won't be easy though. A couple of the scholarships I'm applying for are worth amazing amounts, but the competition is going to be hard as hell. No doubt, I'll have to read and research like never before if I even want to make sure I make it into final consideration. Two of them are quite stringent too!

Aside from the scholarship game, I've been starting up on my speeches. I've been reluctant to do anything with them since our coach hasn't really sent out his hellacious mass e-mails like he usually does. I'm assuming he's busy or he'll be sending the e-mail around the beginning of July. Waiting to hear the game plan isn't that fun though, especially when I'm not sure what exactly we're doing this year in terms of debate. I'm afraid things are going to change drastically this year, but this is only an assumption based on the previous year.

Other than scholarshipping and speech research, I haven't been up to too much. I'm assuming that since I didn't get a callback from the employment agency that I'm not getting hired there. It's not a big deal, though. After hearing the whole job description and after the interview was over, I began to think that working there wouldn't really be that fun. Not that work is fun, but it should be somewhat enjoyable. This job wouldn't have been, though. I would've been doing inventory and stocking for 8 hours or more depending on the day. The money would've been nice though, but the job itself wouldn't have been that great.

This probably will work out for the better though, I think. Now that I know I don't have a job, all I have to do is devote my time to working on the scholarship and speeches. There isn't much else in terms of "work" that means more to me than these to things right now anyway.


As an added note, the masthead voting has been extended for two more days to allow other people to vote. The voting will conclude on Thursday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment