Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I know, I know! It has been about a month since I last posted a GRE vocabulary update. I'm not going to lie. I haven't been studying my GRE vocabulary book lately. I have been studying my big test book and the practice examples, quizzes, and tests in it. After going through these last two tests, I've decided to resume my dictionary dive in hopes to ameliorate my scores in the verbal section. Hopefully all of it will be good in due time!

From the "L" section of my GRE vocabulary book: Lassitude, Licentious, and Loquacious.

Lassitude - noun - a state or feeling of diminished energy

Due to his soporific twelve hour shift at the hotel, Tomas returned home in deep lassitude.

Licentious - adjective - immoral; having no regard for excepted rules or standards

Harry and Ron's licentious behavior often earned them many a detention under the watchful and dyspeptic eye of Professor Snape.

Loquacious - adjective - talkative, garrulous

Courtney is known to be quite loquacious, talking for hours on end about everything under the sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment