Monday, December 06, 2004

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Earlier tonight the made-for-tv movie of Mitch Albom's, "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" was on. Having read the book back in March, I was very interested in seeing how well the adaptation would be from book to boob-tube. Usually when I've read a book and then find out it is going to be on the silver screen in any form I start wondering how well it will be in comparison to the book. I also question who they pick for the main roles and why. (I still can't believe they picked Tom Hanks for the main role in The Da Vinci Code)

Thankfully the adaptation on to the boob-tube did the book justice. The adaptation followed almost perfectly with the book, save for a few small parts (cut due to time, I'm sure).

If you haven't read the book, I recommend you check it out. It's amazing. I don't want to spoil any of it for you if you haven't read or seen it, so check it out at your local library or, maybe, ABC will show it again.

1 comments:

Thister said...

Yeah, you'll like it. I just think they downplayed the importance of some of the characters from the book, but I guess that's the way it goes.

Post a Comment