Thursday, December 02, 2004

I never thought that I would question whether or not I wanted to continue on with Japanese; however, lately it seems that this thought has been crossing my mind everyday whenever I think about anything associated with Japan.

I still love Japanese, but the fact that I have to deal with another semester of the worst language instruction methods since Ms. Feischtinger's Spanish class in high school (which, in case you don't know, consisted of Ms. Feischtinger saying random things throughout the lecture and then telling us to read the book because she'd rather just give quizzes [which almost everyone cheated on]) leaves me wanting to drop out of the whole program altogether. I know it's only one more semester and I know my problem is with the professor and the class itself...not the subject. However, I feel that I'm wasting my money and time on a pointless hour that's, as previous noted, nothing more than reading the book on my own.

Maybe it would be better if I did it on my own?

I don't know. I'll probably stay because I'm a intellectual masochist. Yet, at the same time, I might go insane because half my classes are with this professor and I'll have CALCULUS to worry about too.

I think I can clearly say that next semester isn't going to be pretty. Watch out, I might bite.


P.S. The Youkoso (Yookoso) workbook SUCKS ASS! Whoever the dumbass(es) was that put it together deserves to be brutally tortured so he/she/they can suffer what thousands of students have suffered.
8 hours. That's how long this chapter took to finish, and it's not even FULLY done. Yookoso, McGraw-Hill, and Yasu-Hiko Tohsaku have good intentions, but they still predominately suck ass. Luckily I'm not Uma Thurman and this isn't the world of Kill Bill or there would be some revenge to exact.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sorry to hear about all your problems...all you can do is do your best and if it's not enough then forget it. i had that problem in swimming with one of my coaches, he wanted more than i could give him so i dropped swimming for a year and then i picked it back up because i loved swimming. that might be what you need to do and also if you still want to go to japan next year, you should still go because then it will show you how much you want to achieve your goal/dream.
i made a new entry in my blog....carrie

Post a Comment