Sunday, February 06, 2005

I started writing my letter to a Japanese student for my writing assignment in Japanese 202. I started it off formally, as it should be since I don't know who this letter is going to. However, as I wrote on I realized that the letter is very simplistic and uninteresting. In fact, it probably will sound very boring and lame to the poor and most unfortunate fourth grader who gets it.

Yeah, that's right. A fourth grader will get it. That's because my Japanese language proficiency (and really all of our 202 class) is near equal to that of a fourth grader. So, maybe he or she won't think I'm stupid and uninteresting.

If I am, though, I guess he or she will feel better knowing that they are smarter than a soon-to-be 20 year-old college student.

3 comments:

Blue said...

Hey! That's not too shabby! I have conversations with two year olds! LOL! Meaning my sentences are about three words long. The most popular sentence on Friday was "You go tell them you don't like that" to which they say "I DON'T LIKE THAT!" HAHAH!!! One of mine, in the middle of changing his diaper told me, "Tawyn, she's pushing Ryley!" So I just as I finished, I said "Well, Justy, you go tell them that that's not nice." He runs over, little legs and all (keep in mind, the kid is all torso), and yells "THAT'S NOT NICE!" OH it was so funny!

My point: you should be proud that you can speak to anyone in another language, whereas my English is about as proficient as that of a two year old. (Very rarely does the 19 year old in me come out. Since I started working at the daycare, my maturity has dipped a little...lol...not that that's a bad thing! A Crazy Caryn is awesome!)

Much Love!

Thister said...

Hahah! Well, that makes me feel better. :P

Blue said...

Well...it should! HAHAHAH

Post a Comment