Monday, July 26, 2004

Only, I want the CHECK WITH MY MONEY!

So, OU decided to send me the check with my money instead of direct deposit. Why? I don't know. Personally it really pisses me off that they made me fill out a direct deposit slip and give them a voided check only to have them do the opposite by sending me checks that I have to cash. Normally I wouldn't complain. Money is money, after all. However, since I'm only here for three more weeks, it angers me because I'm probably going to miss getting my last two pay checks since I'll be back in the states.

Why is that a problem? Well, I don't have an account with a bank in the state of Idaho. All of my banking is done out of state. Usually this isn't a problem, except when I have to cash checks. Since the checks are usually sent to my "permanent address" here in Germany, my Dad has to send them to me at college for me to sign them. Then, I have to send them back to him so he can then take them to the bank where they will be cashed. Needless to say, I won't be getting about a fifth of my money until September. Thanks for helping me out OU! Really, I couldn't be happier.

On that note, it is my last week of work with OU. Not out of anger for not getting paid yet, but rather, for break, my trip to Dayton, and then back to college. A grand total of eight weeks of work with OU. It's been fun, even though they've taken forever to pay me. I now have a new found respect for college administrations in general, especially the people that have to work with ignorant, retarded, asshole students. I know I'm not in that league, save maybe naive about certain aspects of student financials and housing placement. Though, I do have to note that some college administrations can be evil as well. I attribute this to stress though. It's not for lack of trying, they do enough helping the students who don't seem to get it. At least now I can say I've seen the from both sides, and now, hopefully, know how to tread it properly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment