Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Another warm and humid day in Germany, and there's no AC. That's one thing that's always mystified me about Europe. For being a vastly populated region and technologically advanced, they don't have AC. The rare buildings that do are usually businesses. It's not too big a deal, but it gets hot in the house. I'm wondering how much the window tint will help now that it's up.

It also gets hot at work. The building doesn't have AC either, so we're busting out the huge box fan now. Reminds me of last summer when our office got this huge industrial fan that cooled the room nicely, but practically created a tornado in the process.

The heat gets me sometimes, but everything else is going well. Most of it is within control too, unlike the weather.

Work has been going well. Though, we did have this one guy come in on Monday that tried to weasel his way out of paying the penalty for dropping a class after the add/drop date. He claimed that since, "he didn't know how to drop the class" he couldn't drop it by the add/drop date. To which my co-worker and I replied "No. We gave you three pieces of documentation that stated how to drop a class, when to drop it, and the penalty fees accrued the longer you wait. One of which was signed by you (the guy), the other was in the informational packet, and the last one is a print out of the directions that are listed online." Needless to say, he didn't like that too much. He still tried to weasel his way out though by inquiring if the time difference would allow him to drop it on time. Again, no. Some people just can't own up I guess.

What's interesting about this week is that the Germans have another holiday off, because they don't have enough already. Now, I like the Germans and Germany, but I have to say that some of the ones on the base are pretty lazy. They have holiday this Thursday and, because of the honorable President Regan's passing, they also have Friday off. To top it all off, though, many of them have taken Wednesday off or will call in "sick" to get and extended vacation. Funny how the local nationals get their holidays off, plus American holidays, plus extended sick leave. I'm sure many people would love to have a job like that.

As the post below notes, I still haven't gotten my books. I'm dealing with it, but I could really use them for Debate and Japanese. Debate is going well enough though. Degas is pretty much done in terms of cutting and ML, but the accent required to perform the piece well enough is not on the dot. So, I bought an Accent for Actors book to help me out. It cost $28, but I think it'll be worth it. It better be or I'd like a refund. I need to sound FRENCH, not uber-white! I can do the latter naturally. :P

I've also been managing my finances and allocating the spendature into what I want and what I need. Simple enough. In the want category, I've already bought two posters, pictured on the right and left, to put up in my apartment room. So, I guess they aren't on the want list anymore now that I have them. LOL! Well, there are two more I do want, but they are more expensive then the Kill Bill ones.



They also happen to be the ones I wanted more, but because they cost five times as much, I refrained. I'll probably just buy one and then wait until I get enough money for the other. They are, after all, not that important. Though, the "want list" seems to be greater in amount and cost than the "need list," if I exclude next semester's text books. XD

No worries though.


I know what I need to spend it on, the ballpark range of what all that will cost, and the ballpark range of what I'll have left over for wants and anything else, should I choose to spend it after I buy all my essentials. Yes, I've accomplished one of the many things on my list of things to do this summer: to become more scheduled and planned out. (Let's not include the potential loss of my books though, that happened before the summer! :P ) Hopefully I'll accomplish the whole list, but some items can't be scratched off until I return to Idaho.

Next on the list: read 4-5 supplemental debate books; complete speeches; practice flame meditation; work out at least 3 times a week; enjoy a vacation somewhere; practice standard mode on DDR (Did you really think I could just drop DDR from my schedule. Pffh! Yeah right!) The other listings I'll leave unlisted until I meet them further down the journey that is this summer.

Wouldn't want to jump the gun now, would we?


I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind...
I don't want to be anything other than me

0 comments:

Post a Comment