Monday, June 07, 2004

I think taking steps back through the past, specifically of events hastily past, is one of the hardest things to do. I remember the time Lacey thought she lost her wallet and was freaking out as she frantically searched her room for a good 30 minutes, only to find she left in her backpack...the last place she put it.

My situation is somewhat similar, though not nearly as important. I sent my school books from Idaho the day before I left and they still haven't arrived. Granted, I sent them Parcel Post and it was a heavy package, but I didn't expect it to take this long. This Friday, if the books don't arrive, it will have been four weeks since I sent them. So, I tried to retrace my memory back to May 13th...

I remember boxing up my books and taking them to the post office and sending them off. I remember it cost me $33.10 and that I was in a hurry, so I didn't insure it. I remember getting the recepit, but I can't remember if I left it in the car or in my dorm. After I left the post office, I got back to the dorm and, with the great help of Lacey, cleared most of my dorm out.

Obviously, though, I can't remember what I did with the recepit. I either threw it away or left it in Idaho and lost it. Whatever the case may be, though, I'm still holding out hope that those books arrive. In my weariness, I checked out the amount of time it usually takes for a parcel post package to make it to Germany and found out that it can take anywhere between one to two months. While that is lengthy, I'm still holding out hope that they're on their way. I'm just afraid the box busted open on the way over and my 10 books got lost on their way over.

They are just books, indeed. Though, they are books that, if lost, I'll have to replace since I need them. Needless to say, I'm praying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment