Sunday, May 30, 2004

I just started my summer job this week. I'm a secretary/registrar with the University of Oklahoma, but only part-time. It's nice because I only work 2-3 days a week, but it doesn't feel like I'm working enough. The job itself is pretty easy. All I really do is register students, copy papers, file paperwork, database entry, and some webpage coding. Still, I wish I was working a little bit more than 2-3 days, for monetary and entertainment purposes. I like the fact that I get my weekends with this job, which is something I usually don't get with my summer job.

That might change though. Since I don't feel I work enough with this job, I'm planning on filing for another part-time job with another organization here. This way, after budgeting, I'll have a fairly good amount of money for books and other essentials when I go back to college.

Besides work, the weather has been nice here. It's surprising, really. Usually it's raining until mid-June, but it's been really sunny lately. While it's been beautiful and nice, it has been causing the temperature to rise just a enough to turn the house into pre-sauna stage. Since we, along with 34 million other Europeans, don't have air conditioning it might be another arid, near-death summer like last year. I hope it doesn't get that hot, but right now it's starting to look that way.

As far as debate goes, I've found some topics for my informative speech but I'm not sure they will work. I think it's the fact that I keep thinking that the speech topic doesn't apply to everyone. Who knows, though. I'll have to bring them up with Marty and see what he says. As of right now, though, I've already dropped my ADS. I'm thinking of doing a CA or, heaven forbid, a Persuade. I'm not too sure. If I can't think of something, I'll just stick with my Inform, POI, and DI. Though, the POI and DI aren't coming along to smoothly either, I might add. I think it's the concept of a motivational link that makes these speeches hard to do. I can practice them, memorize them, and perform them, but it seems I have the hardest time with a motivational link. Which reminds me, I need to send my DI piece to Lacey. It is so cracked out, but that's what I love about it! It just means I can perform it better! Ha! Again, though, the motivational link is off. ::sigh::

So, I guess I better type that DI up and send it over. Then I can get back to reading and, occasionally, playing the guitar, DDR, or video games. w00t! XD

0 comments:

Post a Comment