Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The calm before the storm.


I can see it clearly, edging ever so close but still distant. I see it, but I can't go back. As much as I want to run away and hide from it, my mind commandeers to remain in place on a course into the horizon.

And I feel it. I feel it within me. It's more than the twisting of my stomach into knots and my questioning of how I'll endure it. It's the familiar coldness before I become numb. It's the toxin that has entered my body that slowly, but surely, will kill me.

I'm only on the edge of ground zero and I'm already falling apart. I've tried to close my eyes and let go; to simply allow myself to be taken in the whirlwinds of fate and pray it scatters me close to shore so that I don't drown in my uncertainty. Yet, part of me fails to let go and accept it all; part of me strives to pass through the winds so that I soar above the sea and somehow, miraculously make it out safely.

One of them is the illusion; the other reality. Through time and my efforts, I have yet to see.


You live the life you're given with the storms outside
and somedays all I do is watch the sky...

0 comments:

Post a Comment