Thursday, November 16, 2006

I can't write much at the moment as I'm playing a very difficult game of catch-up, but I can say the following:


  • The tournament went well. Our team got first place overall. My debate partner and I broke to semi-finals. I broke in Impromptu and got 4th place. (My CA did not break at all. Apparently religion in such a context is an issue down in the South).
  • My car key hasn't been fixed. My brother didn't get around to fixing it in the six days that I was gone. Apparently he was too busy.
  • My computer still isn't fixed. (See above reasoning/explanation).
  • I have two papers to finish before Friday and I'm going insane in the process. Hopefully sanity will return as the holiday break sets in. Hopefully.
  • Things are starting to run smoothly, but I'm not holding my breath because I've had too many things go wrong over the last three weeks to guarantee that things are, once again, going well.
  • I got a wonderful card in the mail today from Carrie, my best friend since the 2nd grade. It was, indeed, the perfect card for the occasion. I appreciate it deeply. Thank you! It brightened my day and made me feel better.

If my computer is fixed this weekend, you'll know. If not, well, I'll be around here and there. *sigh* In the immortal words of Dori from Finding Nemo (which also happens to be both Carrie's and my theme for the semester [along with "I will fight!"]): "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

smile!

Thister said...

:) I'm holding up alright. It's a struggle, but I'm going to get through. Thanks again!

Post a Comment