Sunday, November 05, 2006

God might not hate me and, sure, I could be fabricating and embellishing the "series of unfortunate events" (though, I assure you that I am not); but I certainly am unlucky.

I turned on my computer Saturday morning only to find out that she was a little sick. Apparently she was corrupted by a malicious file and now she's having problems starting up. I'm getting her fixed as soon as I possibly can, but I don't know how long it is going to take since I'm really dependent upon my brother right now (for transportation, for getting food, etc.).

It would be ridiculous of me to say that I am not feeling stressed, annoyed, or agitated, but I'm not feeling it so much. I've had so many unfortunate things happen over the last two weeks that I've learned to let go. It's almost like when you drink too much water and your body absorbs as much as it can hold. It has to filter some of it out, so it does. That's how my mind and body are dealing with stress at the moment. I've been inundated by the stress, but it's not having as grand an effect because I've already had enough.

However, all of these unfortunate events have, in fact, taught me something. If there is anything that I've learned, anything at all, it is that I can only do so much. I can't control everything. Things will not always go my way. Sometimes situations will arise, many of which will happen one after another, that will create problems for me; but I can only solve them within the confines of which I am and belong to. It sucks. It's shitty. It's damn near deplorable. However, it isn't the end of the world.

I'm going to get by as I always do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs always* remember just take one day at a time, that's all i can do, so you ain't alone....we have plenty of stuff to achieve for one...our day where we actually give each other a real hug, yay! smile! and maybe a little giggle, for me...:)

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to say "Let Go and Let God"...but to actually follow through with it can be sometimes difficult. I always tell everyone it's in God's hands...but when people tell that to me I always get frustrated because I want to know how to handle situations and not be dependant...anyways...
Looks like you handling things very well.

Thister said...

Hey, thanks for the support. I just keep hoping that things will get better. I mean, they can't stay bad forever, right?

Post a Comment