Sunday, April 18, 2004

It's only been a year
but things have changed
My life, as yours, as others
is not so simple
so confined
It's rearranged

The cataclysmic movements
ever so subtle
have motioned in time
the distancing
and however strong
all of this will not last long

I knew, as you knew, and others too
that the path before
was nothing the same
and, if nothing, the past already taught us this game
to be here and there
is a separation we share

For not only is it time
the widens these gaps
but connections anew
change parts of me and you
to the point where we see each other no more
silently, cryptically, shutting the door

But worry not
about it's end
The times we shared will carry on
These times I will carry with me
Moving apart
Inevitably

For though we may stay in touch
do you ever wonder
if we will still care as much
do you ever wonder
what it's like to let go
knowing we'll eventually do so

0 comments:

Post a Comment