Friday, April 16, 2004

I've been dreaming about you
looming in my head
littering my thoughts
with "what if's" and "maybe's"
telling me that I will not be
telling me that I will not see
what I plan for
what I hope for
what I will do

You replay every night
in a different format
but nonetheless the same
and yet, not a word is spoken
it's the sight
the feeling
the knowledge of events past
and I can't help but wonder:
Will it be the same?

You remind me that
sure, I can say these words
I can fool everyone into thinking so
but will they become actions?
Will they be true?
To say that consequence stood in place
is no longer acceptable
and it really never was
Proof has yet to be shown

Try as I might
I'll still dream about that feeling
that moment
and I'll carry it with me
as I carry my head high
I learned my lesson
I felt the burn
but I'm not giving up
I'm not holding back
I will return

0 comments:

Post a Comment