Wednesday, December 07, 2005

First off, I have to note that I've thoroughly enjoyed the comments on the Geek In The Pink post. I, of course, find most amazing and good things about myself interesting. (Alas, the inner-narcissist emerges!) But seriously, it's been great to hear what everyone thinks on the subject. Please, feel free to contribute more comments on that subject as you see fit!

Secondly, as you can clearly see I've updated the template again. As it is winter, I figured blues would be used best here along with the masthead image. The lyrics are from "Forget December" by Something Corporate off the album "Songs For Silent Movies." I chose them, in part, because while I do enjoy December I often feel that it is one of the loneliest months in the year. For myself in particular, loneliness clearly emerges sometime after finals are over and somewhere between traversing across the Atlantic and arriving in a place where only the warmth of my family signals home. Indeed, not having such great and close friends nearby during the crisp and bitter nights of winter dulls my spirits as I have no one else to relate to on a similar level of thought, spontaneity, and amusement. Though I do, of course, love my family dearly, it's just not the same when friends aren't around. No doubt, Germany can be and is a blast to go to every year, I just wish I had more friends there to share my time with.
Also on this note, assuming I have to debunk this before Bree mentions something about it, I do not have a man-crush on Andrew McMahon. I simply enjoy his lyrical stylings and rockingly melodic piano-backed rhythms. (This is in regards to the fact that all of my mastheads since May of this year have had lyrics from Andrew McMahon. He is part of both Something Corporate [SoCo] and Jack's Mannequin. SoCo RULES, bitches!) You'll be happy to know that the next masthead will be from a different band NOT related to Andrew McMahon...those of you that actually care to follow the origins of my masthead lyrics. Jeesh!

Finally, I'm preparing for finals which means I need to continue cracking down on the studying before kicking back. Though, I could sure use a beer or two to get through some of my readings, I have restricted myself from doing such until Thursday night of next week. At which time I'm down for just about anything. With a little luck, that will mean MASSIVE amounts of partying before my departure. So, if you don't hear from me between now and then (next week) know that I haven't died, at least from what you know. Though, it is entirely possible that between both the insane consumption of caffeine and sleep deprivation that I may not be "alive" in the proper sense.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl... "those of you who care to follow the origins of my mastheads"

that's great.
-chace

Thister said...

It's true! HAHA!

Dude, concert! Are you in?

I could totally bust out in to the Incubus song "Are You In," but I'll spare you my horrible rendition. After all, you know as well as I do (and probably the rest of the world) that I'm not a singer. HAHA!

Misty said...

hey... this is misty. you read my blog from time to time... i have a question... would you mind answering a few masthead questions? i am not blogging currently but you can email me at rainydayinmay@hotmail.com
i am currently establishing a website because i am in the process of seeking an agent for my novel. anyway, blah blah blah, all boring crap. i know between school and life you are busy but i just have a few questions. are you up for the task?

Thister said...

Hi Misty,

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you could let me know more, I might be able to help you out :)

Post a Comment